The Highest of Highs
After doing some thinking, I can’t deny that 2018 was the most defining year of my life, filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows:
- Traveling abroad with my girlfriend for the first time
- Proposing to her in Ireland
- Surviving my first year in business with Viabl
- Getting Dobby (our little fur baby)
- Taking my first full-time position with Slalom
- Reaching some amount of financial stability.
- Financial issues due to higher freelance taxes than expected
- Multiple hospital visits while in Ireland
- Prolonged health issues likely due to stress
- Failure to manage that stress because of an inability to consistently work out (thanks to the health issues)
- Losing some part of my old identity.
I learned that when your health is in jeopardy, you also lose the peace of mind that allows you to think and live intentionally.
I lost my identity as someone who was freelancing full-time but found another one as someone who is piecing together their own path in their way.
This year was tough, but it forced me to take a good, hard look at myself.
Now that I’ve reached a point of relative stability, my focus for 2019 is on helping others not only reach this point but to also thrive.